Certain issues Form GSTR-9 - GSTN has clarified certain issues in filing of Annual Return i.e. Form GSTR-9 by the taxpayers. Following are the clarifications made here under:
- Some taxpayers have reported that figures of Input Tax Credit (ITC), as pre-populated in table 8A of Form GSTR-9, do not match with the figures as appearing in their Form GSTR-2A. Please note that this may happen due to the following reasons:
- Figures in GSTR-2A are auto-populated based on filed/saved/submitted Form GSTR-1 of the supplier taxpayer. But figures in table 8A of Form GSTR-9 are auto-populated only on the basis of filed Form GSTR-1 by the supplier taxpayer. In case, Form GSTR -1 is not filed by your supplier, then credit related to those invoices will not appear in table 8A of your Form GSTR-9.
- Figures in table 8A of Form GSTR 9 are auto-populated only for those Form GSTR-1, which are filed by the supplier taxpayer by the due date of its filing i.e. 30th April, 2019. Thus, ITC on supplies of the financial year 2017-18, if reported beyond 30th April, 2019, will not get auto-populated in table 8A of Form GSTR-9.
- In table 8A of Form GSTR-9, only latest values have been auto-populated based on filed Form GSTR-1, taking into account all the amendments made, if any. Suppose an invoice with taxable value of Rs 100/- with tax of Rs. 18/- was filed in Form GSTR-1 in the month of January, 2018 and same was amended to Rs 90 as taxable value in the month of March, 2018, then
- the Form GSTR-2A of January, 2018 will show ITC of Rs. 18
- the Form GSTR-2A of March, 2018 will show ITC of Rs 16.20 &
iii. the table 8A of Form GSTR-9 will contain ITC of Rs 16.20.
- In table 8A of Form GSTR-9, ITC related to all such invoices have been excluded in which place of supply lies in supplier’s taxpayers State, instead of State of the receiver taxpayer. These figures will be shown in Form GSTR-2A of the recipient. For example if a taxpayer of State A visits State B and stays in a hotel in State B, the tax paid by him to the hotel in State B will appear in his Form GSTR-2A, but the same will not be reflected in table 8A of Form GSTR-9.
- The Figures in table 8A of Form GSTR-9 do not contain ITC for the period during which the recipient taxpayer was under composition scheme.
- While filing Form GSTR 9 ‘Proceed to File’ button will be enabled only if ‘Compute Liability’ is clicked. This button is meant for computation of late fees only. Please note Form GSTR 9 once filed cannot be revised.
Read more about: Certain issues occurred in filing of Form GSTR-9C by the Taxpayers