Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) Certification/registration is necessary for all the electronics products sold in India which are listed under the Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) governed by the government of India. It gives a third-party guarantee of quality, safety, and reliability of products to customers. The government has made BIS Registration mandatory for 49 products taking into consideration public health.
All manufactures must obtain BIS CRS and ISI Registration before importing goods/products in India and for carrying out services regarding sales in the Indian market.
Who can obtain BIS CRS and ISI Registration?
The following are the eligible applicants for BIS Certification:
- Any Manufacturers in India or outside India producing products notified in the Compulsory Registration Order can apply for BIS Certification under the Compulsory Registration Scheme(CRS).
- Manufacturers have to apply for a separate Registration number for products being manufactured at different locations.
- Manufacturers have to apply for a separate Registration number for each brand being manufactured at the same location.
STEPS INVOLVED IN THE BUREAU OF INDIAN STANDARD (BIS) REGISTRATION:
- Firstly, the sample of goods is to be provided to the “Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) Approved Indian Laboratory” for examining under defined BIS Certificate.
- Secondly, after getting the test report, apply to the Bureau of Indian Standard documents & information, the BIS Registration Certificate will be issued.
Timeline & Validity of BIS CRS and ISI Registration:
- The time for BIS Registration will be approx. 30-35 days, including testing time (15-20 days)
- The BIS certificate issues are effective for a period of two years and can be renewed thereafter.
Documents Required for BIS Certification in India
- Address Proof- Business License or any other document issued by Govt
- Registration certificate of the brand
- Test Report of the lab
- FORM VI Online generated copy (duly signed and sealed)
- Certificate issued by the Registrar of Companies
- An affidavit cum undertaking
- Affidavit as per Format C
How ASC help?
- Providing all services related to BIS registration and compliance in accordance with the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) certification.
- Provide ends to end consultancy and services for BIS Certification of new products that come under the Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) in the Bureau of Indian Standard.
- Issuance of Bureau of Indian Standard renewal BIS Registration.
- Providing consultancy & arrangement for ISI licenses issued by the BIS department
- Providing consultancy and services for the approval of BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) registration.