Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) Certification/registration is necessary for all the electronics product selling in India which are listed under the Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) governed by the government of India. It gives a third-party guarantee of quality, safety, and reliability of products to customers. The government has made BIS certification mandatory for 49 products taking into consideration public health.
All manufactures must obtain registration before importing goods/products in India and for carrying out services regarding sales in the Indian market.
STEPS INVOLVED IN THE BUREAU OF INDIAN STANDARD REGISTRATION:
- Firstly, the sample of goods is to be provided to the “Bureau of Indian Standard Approved Indian Laboratory” for examining under defined Bureau of Indian Standard.
- Secondly, after getting the test report, apply to the Bureau of Indian Standard documents & information, the Bureau of Indian Standard Registration Certificate will be issued.
Timeline & Validity of BIS Registration:
- The time for Bureau of Indian Standard Registration will be approx. 30-35 days, including testing time (15-20 days)
- The certificate issues are effective for a period of two years and can be renewed thereafter.
How ASC help?
- Providing all services related to registration and compliance in accordance with the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) certification.
- Provide ends to end consultancy and services for registration of new products that come under the Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) in the Bureau of Indian Standard.
- Issuance of Bureau of Indian Standard renewal certificate.
- Providing consultancy & arrangement for ISI licenses issued by the Bureau of Indian Standards department
- Providing consultancy and services for the approval of BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) registration.