Equipment Type Approval (ETA) is required to promote the import of wireless devices in India, this approval shall be obtained by the WPC department. If a product isn’t certified by WPC and functions in the de-licensed frequency band then they must obtain an ETA certificate. The scope of Equipment Type Approval (ETA) from WPC covers mobile phones, RFID, Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi technology, and others. Some frequency bands have been assigned a license-free status so one doesn’t need to have a license from WPC for products operating in those frequencies. Furthermore, to obtain an ETA, a detailed test report of the equipment obtained from a well-recognized laboratory has to be submitted to WPC for evaluation.
- Once an application is submitted at the WPC office, the documents are pre-scrutinized by the authority.
- Once WPC acknowledges the application it verifies the documents and raises any query if needed.
- Upon further rectification by the applicant, WPC undergoes a fair procedure and grants the Equipment Type Approval.
Essentials of Equipment Type Approval (ETA)
- Equipment Type Approval (ETA) is mandatory for all wireless equipment or devices which work under DE licensed bands.
- The license is controlled and monitored by the Wireless Planning & Coordination (WPC) department.
- It will be granted only to an Indian agency and not in the name of any foreign manufacturer.
- The application should be moved along with a complete copy of the Radio Test report (RF test report) carried out on the good, from an accredited test laboratory.
- Tests reports are required to indicate details such as resolution bandwidth, video bandwidth, Frequency span, sweep, etc.
How ASC Helps?
- Offering end-to-end services in regard to Consultancy regarding. ETA certificate
- Assistance in the issuance of an ETA certificate issued by the WPC department.
- Filing of application for obtaining equipment type approval shall be made to the Wireless Adviser to Govt. of India.
- Preparation and Submission of required documents along with a complete copy of the Radio Test report (RF test report) carried out on the product, from an accredited test laboratory.
- Resolving the queries raised by the department.
- Issuance of Final certificates.