In continuation of the previously issued notification dated 2nd Nov 2021 of the upcoming amendment of Legal Metrology Packaged commodity rules 2011. The Ministry of Consumer Affairs Food and Public Distribution, (Department of Legal Metrology) has released new notification on the 28th of March 2022.
As per the new notification, the department has put an extension on the implementation of Legal Metrology Packaged Commodity Amendment Rules 2021 or new amended rules till October 1st, 2022. Vide GSR No. 226(E). These rules may be called the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Amendment Rules, 2022 and shall come into force on the 1st day of October 2022.
Big relief for all the Manufacturers/Packers, Importer and Trader of Pre-packed commodities, the most awaited notification from the legal metrology department has been issued in reference to the packaged commodity amendment rules 2021 and their applicability.
1. On the significant appeal of the companies and grounds of the feasibility of implementation, the Legal Metrology Department has given the 6 months extension for the implementation of these rules.
2. The disclosing the unit sale price in rupees has been stated in the notification. The unit sale price (rounded off to the nearest two decimal places) shall be stated on every pre-packaged commodity in the following manner:
3. Further for the packages containing alcoholic beverages or spirituous liquor, the State Excise Laws and the rules made thereunder shall be applicable within the State in which it is manufactured.
4. The unit sale price is not required for the pre-packaged commodities in which the retail sale price is equal to the unit sale price.
5. Elimination of the Schedule 2, Rule 5 of the packaged commodity rules 2011, which create a significant impact on the manufacturer/ packer, importer and trader of the products like Tea, coffee, flour, butter, non-alcoholic beverages, fruit drinks etc. earlier they were forced to pack their commodities in the pre-specified quantities only, after the successful implementation of this notification they shall be able to pack their commodity freely as per there will.
6. No prosecution shall be initiated against the manufacturer or packer or importer of pre-packaged commodities for not making the notified declaration till the 31st of November.
We have attached a copy of the notification and packaged commodity rules 2011. Attachment for your reference. In case of any queries please feel free to connect with our Legal Metrology Department at 9999043311.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *