What is a trademark?
Trademark registration is mandatory if you need to use a specific name for your business, brand name or trademark registration is necessary. Once a trademark is registered it gives the owner the exclusive power to use the brand name as and when required. The seller who has obtained trademark registration can sell goods in that particular brand name. Generally, it is the trademark that differentiates the goods on the basis of originality. Trademarks can be used by others under licensing agreements.
In India, a trademark can be any of the following or even a combination of below things:
- Sound Mark
- Combination of Colors
IMPORTANCE OF TRADEMARK REGISTRATION:
- Trademark Registration in a company provides an exclusive right to the owner.
- Trademark provides an exclusive right to the owner to use such words, logos, and slogans.
- Trademark Registration provides legal protection against fake and fraudulent products.
- The consumer can easily recognize the good because of its name or logo.
- It creates an intangible asset for the owner, which has an ability to be transferred, sold, or franchised.
- Trademark builds trust and goodwill in the minds of the consumer because of which many consumers are faithful to the product.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TRADEMARK REGISTRATION?
- Trademark or logo or numerals.
- Particulars of the candidate comprising Name, Address, Type of Industry, and Commercial activity and for company place of incorporation.
- The product or service needs to be registered.
- Date of first use of the trademark.
- Power of Attorney to be signed by Candidate.
- Signed Form 48 – Form 48 is used to provide an attorney with authorization to file your trademark application.
- Udyog Aadhar Registration Certificate – In case you would like to avail of the lower trademark fee of Rs.4500. For Partnership Firms, LLPs, and businesses not having Aadhar number, the government fee for trademark filing is Rs.9500.
- Incorporation license.
TRADEMARK FILING PROCESS
Submitting a trademark form in India is a simple method. While making a trademark application, various documents like Form 48, TM-1, and trademark class have to be stated without any error. Hence, it’s best to take help from a trademark Expert while making a trademark application. ASC would help you in completing all such tasks.
Before filing a trademark application, it’s recommended that a trademark search be conducted to know all similar or identical trademark applications filed along with its status. A trademark hunt can help to lessen the chances of the form being objected or opposed or refused.
How ASC can help you?
- Evaluation of the applicability of trademark registration rules.
- Assistance in searching for an appropriate trademark for the company.
- Filing of the trademark registration form.
- Assistance in considering all necessary steps to get verified registration from the concerned department.
- Assistance till the company gets a registered trademark form the concerned department.